It’s easy to feel frightened by what is going on in the world lately. While I am not a “prepper” with guns/food/shelter, I sure have been overwhelmed by negative outlook about our future… even if this future will likely make me significantly wealthy.
Today, I was reading about CitadelOne stories ([https://www.citadel21.com/citadel-one/](https://www.citadel21.com/citadel-one/)) and I had kind an epiphany. Perhaps, I own what it takes to make this “city”.
Well, I do own ~56 acres / 23 Ha of land that happens to be the plateau of the largest mountain of the surrounding area. I bought it to make a Teak wood plantation but I think this land could be much more useful.
This is located in one of the best country for digital nomads like us bitcoiners… the Panama!
* No Income Taxes
* Extremely low municipal taxes (less than 200$USD/year)
* Low cost of living (the capital city is expensive but inside the land is 2-3x cheaper)
* Low cost of labour (~25$USD/day), for ~400$USD/month you will have a personal nanny that will cook/clean do whatever needed 6 days/week
* Strong business laws & banking system
* Relatively safe ([https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/032216/safest-countries-retire-latin-america.asp](https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/032216/safest-countries-retire-latin-america.asp))
* Extremely nice weather
* Strategically located in the center of the Americas
* Free Trade Zone (Colon)
* Quick & inexpensive to get residency (less than 5k/ 6months)
Realistically, someone making 50,000$USD per year (remotely) would live like a king there. Someone worth ~1,000,000$USD / 40 BTC can retire… today.
Then, if we look at the land in particular, there are some very nice features.
* Secluded. A whole mountain for us.
* Less than 10 minutes from supermarkets etc.
* Secure (in case of SHTF), no standing army in the country and far from the urban center (5 hours in car)
* Lots of wind, could most likely power some wind turbines. Bonus, the wind makes it way less humid/hot
* Close to the beach, less than 1 hour (there is a sea view where my land is)
* 2 hours away from International Airport.
* Lots & lots of cheap food, it’s a big agricultural area… it’s basically only farmlands in the region.
* There is a creek for water supply
* Connected to the grid (less than 1.5km/1 miles from Power source)
In Panama you can get a nice 250m2/2500sq2 house for like 150k$USD.
On the initial 56 acres, there could be like 100 houses build when accounting with the roads/community facilities. Most the remaining land is owned by my wife’s family and it could be bought. We’re talking of:Total area: 3.24 km² (1.25 mi²)
Below are some photos, sorry for the bad quality.. I took them when making the study for the plantation. I am currently back in Canada because my wife will soon give birth.
The mountain: [https://ibb.co/5FmhsCF](https://ibb.co/5FmhsCF)
Land I own: [https://ibb.co/Qrqqz1D](https://ibb.co/Qrqqz1D)
Total land: [https://ibb.co/W5VGx0f](https://ibb.co/W5VGx0f)
East view (sea): [https://ibb.co/Fxy2TFs](https://ibb.co/Fxy2TFs)
North view: [https://ibb.co/k2Q6v0y](https://ibb.co/k2Q6v0y)
West view: [https://ibb.co/W2cBWrF](https://ibb.co/W2cBWrF)
If some people are interested to talk about this feel free to comment/ask any questions.
Ideally, if I get serious people interested I could commissions people to start drawing some plans etc.
Maybe I have been day-dreaming but who knows…?